At BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION, we are committed to our responsibilities in respect to safety, health, and the environment, which are integral to the way we do business.
BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION will develop, implement and maintain management systems for safety, health and the environment that are consistent with internationally recognised standards which enables us to:
- Entrench safety as a value for our people which is not compromised,
- Identify, assess and manage risks to employees, contractors and service providers
- Strive to achieve industry best practice,
- Meet and where appropriate, exceed applicable legal and other requirements,
- Set and achieve targets that promote the efficient use of natural resources and include reducing and preventing the generation of waste and air pollution,
- Minimise the impact of our activities on climate change.
- In implementing this Policy, we commit to open communication with our employees, contractors, service providers and communities to encourage a culture that reflects the intent of this policy.
RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
While we hold our leaders accountable for the safety of our people and expect our managers and supervisors to provide effective leadership in safety, health and the environment, we equally expect all individuals to be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others. Management of every operating team is responsible for the full implementation of safety, health, and environment management systems. This requires the allocation of appropriate resources and the provision of training, education, consultation and monitoring to ensure compliance.