BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION carpentry services are par to none, operating for over 40 years we have adopted the international ISO 9001 standard Quality Systems Model for quality assurance in design, development, production, installation and servicing as its standard for quality assurance. BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION offers a comprehensive range of carpentry services that include:
TRIM / FINISHING CARPENTERY
When carrying out the finishing within a structure, whether it be a house or even a factory, one of the most essential bits to completing a successful project is the finishing, because at the end of the day the finishing will either ‘make’ or ‘break’ the final look to your structure. Thankfully at BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION, our trim / finishing carpenters are specialists in the molding and manipulating of various timber types. This in turn, makes BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION an ideal trimming contractor for projects requiring the trimming or finishing of any wooden elements within all structures. Some of the trimming and finishing services BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION offers include:
- Hanging and fitting of internal and external timber doors
- Hanging and fitting of pivot doors
- Installation of timber windows
- Creation and fabrication of architraves
- Fitting and installation of various skirting sizes and types
- Installations of various timber casings
- Installations of timber mantels
- Baseboard manipulation
- Installation of various timber based flooring products (See flooring for more information)
- Implementation of various types of ornamental work… contact us for more information
Our teams and cabinetmaker affiliates are able to fulfill any cabinet requirement. All BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s cabinetmakers produce fine and detailed work from various types of wood / timber that include;
- Wall units of varying size and design
- Wardrobe units
- TV room units
- Bathroom ware
- And other many other types of storage units for various types of spaces.
With over 40 years of experience as well as over a thousand projects completed, you can be rest assured that with BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION at the helm of your project… satisfaction is a guarantee. BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s highly motivated and talented framers are highly skilled and have produced countless timber based frame works for many satisfied clients.
BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s framers have extensive experience with regard to all forms of framing and structural timber related works, some of our work completed in the past includes:
- Structural timber framing
- Layout and fabrication of timber decks
- Petition work for internal and external areas
- Ceiling frame work
- Suspended ceilings
- Shadow-line ceilings
- Layout and fabrication of various roofing structures such as truss installations and roof boxing (See roofing for more info).
When building medium to large scale structures, the likely hood of quality performed formwork is incredibly high. With near zero amounts of room for error, formwork is considered a highly risky trade. With our highly qualified and experienced teams at the frontlines of your project, you can be guaranteed success during all phases of your project. Added that BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s formwork carpenters have completed hundreds of formwork related projects, we are a preferential contractor for your concrete construction needs. Many of the form work related projects carried out by BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION over the last 40 years included the fabrication and forming of various false work shells on many concrete construction orientated projects and jobs, some of these include:
- Beam construction and pouring
- In-situ slabs fabrication and pouring
- Rib & Block layering and pouring
- Column creation
- Staircases fabrication and formwork
- Structural formwork in residential type structures
- Structural formwork in commercial type properties
- Structural formwork in industrial type structures
For more information visit our formwork section.
As a general contractor for nearly 50 years to many satisfied clients, BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION has performed and carried out works on various types of structures both modern and old… some even historical. BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s multi-talented carpenters have had extensive work experience with the restoration of many old and dilapidated buildings. From a simple repaint or re-coating of timber components to large scale make-overs within, on or even around a structure, such as the flooring, a timber built deck or even exposed trusses on a roof structure… BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s restoration carpenters are in a league of their own. Some of the restoration work we have performed of the last 40 years include:
- Building restoration
- Re-painting or coating of timber / wooden components in, on, around structures such as skirtings, architraves, doors, flooring, furniture, decks, exposed beams and trusses… the list goes on.
- Removal and replacing of rotten timber / wooden components in small to large scale structures such as trusses, floor sub-structures, structural beams, decks, coloumns.
BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTIONS GREEN APPROACH
As an environmentally aware company concerned with the protection and development of the surroundings it operates, BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION considers itself a ‘green’ construction company. At BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION we believe that the common objective is that all green buildings are designed to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on human health and the natural environment by:
- Efficiently using energy, water, and other resources
- Protecting occupant health and improving employee productivity
- Reducing waste, pollution and environmental degradation
BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s green carpentry teams specialize in the use of environmentally friendly, energy-efficient and sustainable sources of building materials during construction projects. We also practice building methods that require less material to be used yet have the same structural soundness as main stream construction procedures.
…BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s teams are committed to the delivery of quality products and services in full compliance with its contractual requirements. With BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION you are guaranteed the very best services and products the construction industry has to offer. BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION and its operating teams are committed to continuous improvement of its processes, systems and services to ensure "Right First Time" delivery...
As a certified member of The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC), BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION is required to meet regulated industry criteria for technical, construction and financial capabilities. In addition, the scope and mandate of the NHBRC is governed by The Housing Consumers Protection Measures Act (Act No. 95 of 1998). The Act states that the NHBRC and or any certified member’s role is to:
- Represent the interests of housing consumers by providing warranty protection against defects in new homes
- Provide protection to housing consumers in respect of the failure of bad workmanship.
- To promote ethical and technical standards in the home building industry.
- Improve structural quality in the industry.
- To promote housing consumer rights and to provide housing consumer information.
- Communicate with and to assist home builders to register in terms of the Act.
- To achieve and maintain satisfactory technical standards of home building.
With this kind of assurance you can be 100% guaranteed that all of BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s carpentry products and services are of an exceptionally high standard. BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION has been operating for over 40 years and has adopted the international ISO 9001 standard Quality Systems Model for quality assurance in design, development, production, installation and servicing as its standard for quality assurance.**For any questions regarding BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s carpentry services and products please feel free to contact us, we will get back to you as soon as we can.