MASONRY CAPABILITIES AND SERVICES
BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION masonry services are part to none, operating for over 40 years we have adopted the international ISO 9001 standard Quality Systems Model for quality assurance in design, development, production, installation and servicing as its standard for quality assurance.
MASONRY CONSTRUCTION TYPES
- Veneer (Cavity wall) construction
- Solid (Single leaf) masonry construction
- Face-brick masonry construction
- R.O.K (Clay brick) masonry construction
- Concrete Masonry Units (CMUs)
- Concrete brick (Maxi) masonry construction
- Concrete block (Cinder block) masonry construction
- Diaphragm wall masonry
- Reinforced wall masonry
- Retaining wall masonry
- Stone wall masonry
- Ashlar (Stone wall) masonry
- Rubble (Stone wall) masonry
- Serpentine wall masonry
- Glass block masonry
- Dry-set masonry
- Armoured wall masonry
MASONRY WALL FINISHES
CEMENT GROUNTED FINISHED MASONRY WALLS:
Smooth, plaster-filled/grouted brickwork.
FACE-BRICK FINISHED MASONRY WALLS:
In classic clay fired face bricks or any face-brick of your choice.
FAIR-FACE FINISHED MASONRY WALLS:
Regular masonry/brick work ready for painting.
BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION is committed to the delivery of quality products and services in full compliance with its contractual requirements.
BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION and its operating teams are committed to continuous improvement of its processes, systems and services to ensure "Right First Time" delivery.
As a certified member of The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC), BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION is required to meet regulated industry criteria for technical, construction and financial capabilities. In addition, the scope and mandate of the NHBRC is governed by The Housing Consumers Protection Measures Act (Act No. 95 of 1998). The Act states that the NHBRC and or any certified member’s role is to:
- Represent the interests of housing consumers by providing warranty protection against defects in new homes.
- Provide protection to housing consumers in respect of the failure of bad workmanship.
- To promote ethical and technical standards in the home building industry.
- Improve structural quality in the industry.
- To promote housing consumer rights and to provide housing consumer information.
- Communicate with and to assist home builders to register in terms of the Act.
- To achieve and maintain satisfactory technical standards of home building.
**For any questions regarding BLACK BIRD CONSTRUCTION’s masonry services and products please feel free to contact us, we will get back to you as soon as we can.